The client had two major challenges that were leading to failed ATM transactions & exponential increase in DB backup sizes.
1. Due to high utilization of CPU (almost 100%) in some instances, ATM transactions were failed and access to core banking application at branch level was impacted.
2. Exponential increase in backup file sizes & exorbitantly long time required for backs impacted the overall system performance
THE CONSCALA APPROACH
1. Firstly, Conscala team performed an extensive database audit and narrowed down the issues in Transact application.
2. As a next step Transact consultant from Conscala performed an elaborate application health checkup.
3. Key areas covered under analysis were – core updates verification, data handling, database verification, top performance query analysis, cob analysis, EB system summary and exiting core issues.
4.In implementation phase key issues were fixed and recommendations were shared for further improvements.
1. Identifying and fixing the bottleneck DB queries reduced the peak CPU utilization to 68%. COB & database backup solutions reduced the back sizes by 35%.
2. Bank’s IT support team was trained to perform core updates, which reduced their dependency on third party vendors.
3. Overall impact of this exercise was a considerable reduction in failed ATM transactions, improved core banking access at branch level & optimized backup process. This eventually led to sizable savings in system overheads.